Important COVID-19 Updates to Study Overseas
The Coronavirus outbreak has drastically affected the student’s aspirations to study abroad. These students have innumerable questions in mind about overseas education in this global crisis. Whether they would be able to fulfill their dreams of studying abroad or not?
As much as you’re desired to study overseas, the top universities across the globe and we the Study Abroad Consultants are equally worried about your study abroad dreams. Consequently, being the most promising Overseas Education Consultants in Delhi, we’ve listed down important COVID-19 updates from leading study abroad destinations:
- The US State Department has announced that routine visa services will commence at embassies and consulates around the world. F and J visa appointments will be prioritized for those with urgent travel needs to study in USA.
- Students who’re moving to USA for studies need to self-isolate for 14 days and monitor their health during the same.
- India has created travel bubbles with 13 countries and the USA is one of them.
- Students who wish to apply for an OPT needs to be in the USA.
- If students have started their online classes from home, they must complete one academic year of full-time study in USA to be eligible for OPT.
- A student’s F-1 Sevis record cannot be activated by the institution until the student physically arrives in the US for their first in-person quarter.
- On 5 October 2020, the UK government changed the immigration route for students. The Tier 4 Route has now become the ‘Student’ route.
- All you should know about the New Points-based immigration system:
1. Students should be able to support themselves financially during their stay in UK.
2. They should have an offer from an approved educational institution.
3. Students should be able to speak perfect English.
4. Students will require a total of 70 points to be granted a student visa.
- As of October 20, 2020, only DLI’S that has approved COVID 19 readiness plan can welcome international students.
- Only International students who have granted a student permit or one that was approved for a student visa before or on 18th March 2020 will be permitted to enter Canada.
- To study in Canada, you need to be traveling for an essential purpose only.
There are different rules in different countries during this crisis, you can reach us at https://www.youreduadvisors.com/ for any further queries or discussion. You can contact us for other important updates on COVID 19 to study abroad. We’re the leading Overseas Education Consultants in Delhi and have helped hundreds of study abroad aspirants in fulfilling their dreams.