Why choose Melbourne, Australia for STEM degree
Pursuing master’s degree abroad is a popular option for students wanting to opt for foreign education. And among various master’s courses, choosing to study STEM subjects stands out when your selected location is Melbourne, Victoria state’s capital. But why do students prefer to study STEM courses in Victoria and which are the famous universities offering these courses? Well, let us throw light on these points one by one:
Popular universities offering STEM master’s degrees in Victoria include:
- Australian Catholic University
- Deakin University
- The University of Melbourne
- Victoria University
- Federation University Australia
- La Trobe University
- RMIT University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Monash University
Reasons why these courses are preferred:
1. Universities offer everything under one umbrella
The first and foremost reason why universities in Victoria attract students from across the world is that these offer programmes in English. Besides, the graduates also have access to cutting-edge facilities and resources. Not just this, but the universities make the students future ready by offering successful careers through their collaboration with business and companies from large industries.
2. Victoria is a leader in STEM fields
Universities in Victoria have technologically advanced and highly developed infrastructure which helps it in becoming a thriving leader in STEM fields. Have a look at its strength:
- There are more than 8,000 ICT (Information & Communications Technology) companies in Victoria, Microsoft, Intel and IBM are to name a few.
- It stands out in: software development, cloud technology, digital games, social networks, mobility technology and data analytics.
- Melbourne is a rising cloud infrastructure hub.
Agriculture and processing:
- Australia’s 30% food comes from Victoria.
- It has access to the state of the art facilities and modern food safety systems.
Medical technologies, biotechnology & pharmaceuticals:
- Melbourne offers excellence in immunology.
- More than 4,700 researchers keep on finding cures for infectious & inflammatory diseases.
3. A strong economy
You may know that Australia is world’s 13th largest economy but what you may not know is the fact that Victoria plays an important role in this. While it represents only three percent of Australia’s land mass and accounts for nearly a quarter of economic activity, Victoria competes with the largest economies in South East Asia.
4. An active start-up ecosystem
If you wish to start your own business after graduation, Victoria is the right place for you as there are already 2,700 start-ups in Victoria and the number keeps increasing by 23% every year.
5. Melbourne is a great city to consider for tech
As per Savills UK’s Tech Cities in Motion 2019 report, Melbourne outranked Seoul (Samsung’s home) and Shenzhen (China’s tech capital). Competing the cities from around the world against 100 individual metrics, Melbourne was ranked on the 22nd place, ahead of Seoul 23rd and Shenzhen 24th.
If the above reasons aren’t enough, let us tell you that Melbourne offers some of the best living and studying conditions and so is favored by international students. You can search for universities in Victoria for your STEM degree abroad.